RESTO Carb adjustment

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
I rebuilt carbs with genuine Mikuni rebuild kit followed all the specs as per the book and I melted the crown of the pto piston I think I’m going to go with a oil block off plate and go premix

More specifically on the carb rebuild, when you bought the kits how much $$$ ? you should have spent $125 to $136 last time I checked for genuine kits that included needles/seats. You verified the pop off psi? what was it? pressure ck the carbs? what was it? All the brass jets (low and high) were removed and cleaned? You removed the LS and HS needles and flushed with carb cleaner and highly compressed air? replaced all the LS/HS needle orings? You verified the 4 holes in low speed circuit in each carb was flowing well? All check valves replaced?

I haven’t touched the jet ski in a while but I pulled it apart and apparently the wrist pin snap ring came out and whipped out my piston

That’ll do it. We’re they actual wrist pin c clips or just generic snap rings? I’ve seen where SBT uses generic snap rings and if you don’t put the gap up or down they will come out.

SBT are the only ones that do this and I’ll never use them again. They will work but only if you install with the gap up or down.

Generic internal snap rings won’t stand up to the sudden force of changing direction at each stroke 200 times per second if the gap is pointing sideways. The force will collapse the ring enough to work it loose from the groove. Proof is in the fact you can collapse them with a simple hand tool. Ever tried to collapse a proper wrist pin c clip? I hear a lot of guys say their not a problem but there’s also a lot of reports of them coming out. Best advice is to install them with clip gap up or down. I’ve even seen some instructions that say to install the regular c clips this way too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back