Can't Attach Battery Cable?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mosnowman

So the guys winterized my Seadoo and unhooked the battery cables. Now all I have is a couple of screws. Thinking all I had to do was screw the cable to the battery and I quickly realized it requires a nut or something inside the metal square post. There are no threads to screw it to. Problem is no nut will fit inside the square attachment post.

So how do I attach the flat end battery cables to the battery? Thanks!

So the guys winterized my Seadoo and unhooked the battery cables. Now all I have is a couple of screws. Thinking all I had to do was screw the cable to the battery and I quickly realized it requires a nut or something inside the metal square post. There are no threads to screw it to. Problem is no nut will fit inside the square attachment post.

So how do I attach the flat end battery cables to the battery? Thanks!

There is a rectangular piece that has a threaded hole in it that fits in the post. You may need to remove the battery and battery mount to find it laying in the hull underneath.

Try your local powersports store. If they sell batteries they may have those.

I have done the grind down the side of a nut trick before.

As the local shops to check their cores. New batteries come with them and many leave the old ones there.

unless the battery was removed from the ski, the floating nut is likely still inside the post but just not lining up with the bolt. If battery was removed, it is in the bottom of your hull.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back