can not steer

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

speedway95

i have a 2001 speedster but the steering will only turn in one direction and it sounds like gears stripping when i try to turn other direction .. any help.

Does the nozzle move freely? take a 10mm wrench back and remove the cable and see if you can move the nozzle.

I am betting you have a froze cable. Be careful not to strip out the steering gears like you mentioned. There is a worm gear at the steering shaft where the cable hooks to an arm. If you strip that out you will have to replace that and the cable. $$$$$

Helm Assembly has broken tooth

The capability to turn only one way and going back to turn the other way produces a clicking noise is probably a broken tooth on the Helm Assembly. I do agree that the cable can be tight, but it appears that you are beyond that because nothing in the cable will make a clicking noise. I would lubricated the cable at the helm as well as the back components to ensure that everything is moving smoothly. This will help when you put the new Helm in. I did it last year on my 1999 - not too complicated. Took about an hour. My part number was 20439003. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back