Can I pull a wakeboard on my 98 GTX Limited?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Double07

I just got a 98 GTX limited which I am almost done rebuilding the engine. I want to try wakeboarding this summer and was wondering if the doo can pull a wakeboard.
If yes, where do I tie the rope? There is a small hook right above the two opennings in the back that squirts water when flushing, but I am not convinced it is strong enough.
I weigh around185 pounds.

Yup!

It will pull just fine.

I get pulled around on my 96 XP and first time i did it I was 220 lbs (down to 195 now:hurray:).

I used a surfboard, which drags more than a wakeboard during takeoff, so I am confident that you can get right up with a wakeboard.

Just tie it to the hook at the back.

There will be very little wake, so don't expect to get any serious airs. But fun just the same.

Be sure that wear ring is in good shape or you may get too much slippage and either not get up or just drag for a long time.

:agree:; wont have a problem; i wakeboard off my 97 GTX with the 110hp engine all the time; you won't get that awesome wake that boats give with a tower and all but still fun; just attach the rope to that loop on the back under the rear seat; that is for the trailer strap so it is plenty strong

Can you wakeboard behind 2002 gti 717cc ?? I am 174ib
You may be able to. If you have wakeboarded before, then you may be able to get up with the lower power. I doubt it will snatch you up quickly, but should work. Wakeboarding really does not take a lot of power, like pulling (starting) tubes or water skiing does.

You may be able to. If you have wakeboarded before, then you may be able to get up with the lower power. I doubt it will snatch you up quickly, but should work. Wakeboarding really does not take a lot of power, like pulling (starting) tubes or water skiing does.
Thanks for your reply
I never wakeboard before so it will be a learning curve for me
I am 170 pound on 137 cm ski
I will definitely try to get up faster but I do not want to over power the engine especially it is 717cc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back