Can’t get my ski to start

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kylep

Hi everyone, I’m new to the jet ski world I recently bought a 2002 seadoo gti and rebuild the engine I checked the compression it’s 150 on both cylinders but now I can’t get gas to the carbs I charge all the lines and everything that has to do with the fuel delivery

I just need ideas to look for thank you

if you changed the fuel lines out I would double check that you have them correct and didn't mix up the return with the supply. Make sure your pulse line to the block is not leaking. pour some mixed gas directly into the carbs to prime it. these would be my first steps,

Theres a solid chance the lines just need to be primed. Disconnect the feed or return hose at the carburator and blow into it. Quickly move your finger over the end of the hose and hold it for a few seconds. Then quickly reconnect the hose onto the barb. Be careful because the lines will now be pressurized and can spray fuel everywhere. Wait a few seconds and try to start it.

Update so it started once and I had it running for 20 second then turned it off but now it wants to start but doesn’t and I triple check the lines

Update so it started once and I had it running for 20 second then turned it off but now it wants to start but doesn’t and I triple check the lines
Was this after the lines had been primed that it started? How do the plugs look? Are they wet, oily, dry? What did you gap your plugs at?

So the plugs are wet. I can get it to start now but it won’t idle as soon as I let off the gas it turns off

So the plugs are wet. I can get it to start now but it won’t idle as soon as I let off the gas it turns off
You likely need to adjust the idle screw. This holds open the throttle linkage and allows you to set the idle wherever you want. Plugs likely have assembly lube or oil from the rebuild on them. Running the ski should clear this up.

Okay thank you and one more thing so the only way I can start the motor if I put a little gas down the carb

Okay thank you and one more thing so the only way I can start the motor if I put a little gas down the carb
Have you tried feathering the throttle while starting it? If you have the idle set correctly and can not start it with the choke or by feathering the throttle than you still have an underlying issue.

I'de pull the fuel lines and verify you have fuel at the carbs. If so than I'de pull the carbs and take a look at the internal fuel screens and check if they are clogged up. If so replace them or throughly clean them with a toothpick and brake cleaner (being careful to not puncture them). Ive seen hard starts and no starts quite a few times caused by a minute amount of debris.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back