buying another ski ?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

toolman60

Hi Everyone,

I been in the market for another ski. I have found a few I may be going to look at. Has anyone bought a ski and had to transfer it to there own trailer as seller wanted to keep the trailer? I am not sure how many gorilla's I will need with me to move a ski from 1 trailer to mine if no water is close by to make transfer. Would it be possible to load it backwards on my trailer to get it home safely with plenty of straps. Or would it be better to find a ski dolly and take with me to make the transfer.

Any advice tips tricks are most welcome in this predicament.

Thanks
Tim

I've loaded them backwards twice. Just raise or lower the tongue of the trailer to get it close to the right height. Bring along an extra strap or chain in case your winch strap isn't long enough.

Very easy, I do it by myself all the time. Single trailer is definitely easier than double. I just carefully pull the ski back, then tilt the trailer and put the ski on the ground. Tilt other trailer up with ski connected and start cranking. As soon as you have the ski far enough on the tralier to pull the nose down do so, and keep cranking until it slides up.

Spraying tire shine on the bunks beforehand makes it slide super easy, but make sure you tie it down really well so it doesnt slide off going down the road. I've even used a floor jack and 2x4 to lift the ski and spray the bunks on the old trailer if its a really heavy ski to make it easier.

You can also do the dolly or put the ski on backwards. Just be careful of the reverse gate or nozzle hitting the trailer.

I've done backwards a couple of times it isn't a big deal to do with one person but two is easier. Put some soap on the rails it helps.

I've also loaded skis from the ground to the trailer. Easy Peasy. disconnect the trailer hook up the winch to the eye on the front of the ski and let the winch do its thing.

YOU CAN DO IT !!! (My favorite "Waterboy" quote)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back