Buying a used seadoo - crack in hull

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

f6noob

Hi

I was just about to buy a 2008 rxp super clean machine. As I was under it inspecting what I could I noticed a drop of water on the hull. I pressed it and a hairline crack appeared and more water dropped out. It was around 4 inches long.

It felt solid but I could press and see this crack. On the inside it was all clean and dry. I did not buy it at this time - what could it be and where is the water coming from?

Thanks

Yeah. The inside was bone dry and clean. The crack was higher up and just below where the hull sat on the bunks. I'll try to post a pick. I think It could be an easy fix then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

399.jpg
https://vimeo.com/131938693

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My thinking hit a hard bump on trailer and bunk caused it, however if inside is dry and its leaks that much that quickly other then the water being absorbed inside the material not sure how there can't be a small puddle somewhere. Prob is fixable but you would have to get the water out of the crack and super dry before it could be patched

Back