Buying a Spark & Need Recomendations

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

towelman613

Hey all,

Buying a Spark hopefully this week, and wanted some input:

The package the dealer offered me was $7850 CAD + taxes which works out to $8870 CAD (that's for the base model 3UP). I've shopped around and done my homework, looks like all dealers are relatively the same price with no room for add-ins since it's a high volume unit with little profit margins. Sea-Doo has the promotional offer of an additional 1 year B.E.S.T warranty on-top of factory 1 year.

Would love to get your opinions. Should I continue shopping?

Also, do these Sparks usually come with a cover?

The Spark in USA is basically 6 grand for a 2-up base model. As you have found, the prices are all pretty competitive as most do look around for the best price. If the figure you listed is the "norm" Canadian price, then buy it from your local dealer in the event you need to have work done. Something 100 or so miles away and $200 less is not worth the drive or hassle of getting a non-selling dealer to work on your ski.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree. Also they do not come with covers and the Spark specific covers are $200 a piece. Pretty pricey. I just put a tarp on them.

I would go with the GTI 130 as the price is not much more...but that's just me.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I agree. Also they do not come with covers and the Spark specific covers are $200 a piece. Pretty pricey. I just put a tarp on them.

Save some $$ and buy a Poppy cover, they are made by commercial sewing which makes the factory one.

I would go with the GTI 130 as the price is not much more...but that's just me.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Depends on what he's looking for. The spark is way more playful then the GTI's, it's very similar to the old XP's . I'd lean GTI if your looking for more ruff water use. My spark HO is quicker to 50 mph then my GTI 155 and much better on fuel.

We got our 2015 2up H.O with convenience package, extended 5 year warranty, and had the dealer throw in a cover and 2 sea doo PFD's. but that was $6,980 out the door with licensing fees, dealers fees, tax etc. It seems surprising that a dealer is charging so much for a 3up without nearly as much we got. I would continue looking for better prices at dealers, you might want to travel out of state too, sometimes prices are higher due to state regulations, licenses costs, tax, etc.
If your anywhere near Orange Beach Alabama, or Columbus GA I remember some dealerships what were willing to negotiate on the phone.

Back