Bunk rollers on trailer

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nubeee

Thinking about adding rollers to my bunks?
I’m thinking about using “Skateboard” trucks and wheels. I was going to use around 5-7 on each side and use the old school wider style wheel.. Good or bad idea?

I need new bunks for sure and thought for a few more dollars why not. I could build this for around $250 and thought it would look nice.

Look up trailer bunk glides. Easier, cheaper and no bearings to rust. One person can slide a 3 seater on and off easily.

Not sure where u are, but roller trailers seem to be huge in the UK. I dont get it though, they put pressure points on the hull and there simply is no need unless you launch at an extremely shallow ramp.

Skateboard wheels use plain steel bearings that are not all that waterproof. They will eventually rust up and not turn well. You will want something without steel bearings.

If you want easy slide, install teflon strips.
Most people I know they tried rollers, pvc pipe, teflon and all came back to normal bunks after they dropped the ski on the ramp.
I prefer normal bunks, ski sits more stable when trailering around too. I have to launch/ recover in very shallow water most of the times and launching can be a bit difficult sometimes but recovery is always with the winch, no issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back