BRP SuperCharger model supersede link?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings!!

I recently had a supercharger failure on my new to me 2009 Challenger 180SE 255HP. It is not rebuildable so I am in need of a replacement unit. While searching for the correct part number the other day I remember a BRP site which provided the correct superseded replacements for each application. I cannot seem to find that link for some reason and was hoping someone might be able to direct me there. I heard BRP was recently targeted by a hacker so perhaps that part of their site was taken down.

In any case, Thank You in advance!!!

Chris

Your super charger is rebuild-able. last 3 digits are 102 is the rebuild kit you need. Only the new ones from 2016+ do not have rebuild kits.

@ski-d00 Thank You for your reply. The shaft sheared off near the nut, the compressor wheel has had significant contact with the cover and the cover is scored. Sure, I may be able to purchase a new wheel and cover along with the kit but the cost delta in the end will likely be close to the cost of a new one. Also, looking to see if there is a newer style No Maintenance supercharger that will fit this application.

Attachments

• SC Carnage.jpg
    SC Carnage.jpg
    162.2 KB · Views: 6
I see. There is no maintenance free model for this style supercharger. I recommend buying a used one in good condition that needs rebuilt and then rebuilding it if you want it done relatively quickly. The reason is because BRP is way behind on shipping parts. The rebuild kits are available in stock from various suppliers, bought two yesterday, but unlikely that anyone stocks the complete supercharger so it may be weeks or months knowing BRP.

Sadly there is no such thing as a no maintenance SC for these machines.

The only difference is 100 vs 200 hours, which to be honest is irrelevant as the failure factor is how long it takes the plastic fingers in the raceway to deteriorate and become brittle.

Your boat is the same as a 2009 RXP 255, basically same engine, pump, etc..

420893563 is the revised part number.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back