Brand New Used Sea-Doo Lack Of Use

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cander70

Hello Everyone,

I'm buying a 2018 GTX 230 from a widow I know. I was good friends with her husband - he died in 2018 2 days after getting his new Sea-Doo up to camp.... Sad.

Anyways, I believe she had someone service it before the winter but not . It only has 6hrs on it. I am worried about the LACK of use. What do I need to check before first fire up / during first ride? I am quite handy, I've had every toy except for a Sea-Doo. I've read how to fire them up in the yard with a hose and how to blow water out after. Hoping someone can help get me started I don't want to ruin this beautiful machine!

Never a good thread without pictures!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200603-204646.png
    Screenshot_20200603-204646.png
    3.6 MB · Views: 19
  • Screenshot_20200603-204617.png
    Screenshot_20200603-204617.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 18
Hello so sorry to here about your friend. you now have to take care and enjoy his sea doo I am sure he would want you to enjoy it. I would start by draining all the fuel
out of the tank and change the oil and filter remove the coils and spark plugs put a little mistery oil into the spark plug holes with spark plugs still out and crank over the engine to lubricate the cylinder walls and piston rings reinstall the spark plugs and fire it up and let it warm up on the hose then shut it off and replace the spark plugs . then it should be ready to water test good luck regards alex

Hello so sorry to here about your friend. you now have to take care and enjoy his sea doo I am sure he would want you to enjoy it. I would start by draining all the fuel
out of the tank and change the oil and filter remove the coils and spark plugs put a little mistery oil into the spark plug holes with spark plugs still out and crank over the engine to lubricate the cylinder walls and piston rings reinstall the spark plugs and fire it up and let it warm up on the hose then shut it off and replace the spark plugs . then it should be ready to water test good luck regards alex
Yes good call on the fuel. Actually didnt think of that I know better.

Do not warm it up on the hose, the carbon ring will get hot and get destroyed. There is no cooling to the carbon ring while running on the hose. Take it to a boat ramp and let it warm up on the trailer while in the water.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back