Brand New GTX 260 LIMITED

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

keithtc23

Purchased New GTX 260 limited on Thursday July 12th out it in the water for first time on July 14th had it on water probably 10 minutes and had gone about 200 yards thru the wake zone never past wake speed. The ski made a noise the display read over heated exhaust and then check engine light came on, also noticed smoke coming from around ski and a burning smell. Next temperture light came on so i shut it down and called dealer from the water. He advised to drive it back to shore and he would have mechanic waiting for me at shop. Drove it about 25 yards toward the dock motor shuts down wont restart. Me and my girlfriend were tossed off the ski and it sank, only the front nose was still above water. Was rescued by a boat who towed it to shore. Took ski immediately to dealer and they opened it up and and cranked the motor and water and oil were shooting from the engine. On sunday the mechanic told me the exhaust sensor was melted along with other smaller hoses but he had no clue yet as to why it did this. He was attempting to dry out the engine,
As mentioned the ski only had like 5-10 minutes on the engine total. My question is should I demand a new jet ski or let them repair it. The dealer said he believes sea doo will not replace it.
I believe it should be replaced, $17,000 for a ski with 5 minutes of runtime and has to be torn down and rebuilt is crazy. Just wanting some opinions on this matter.

Last edited by a moderator:
Purchased New GTX 260 limited on Thursday July 12th out it in the water for first time on July 14th had it on water probably 10 minutes and had gone about 200 yards thru the wake zone never past wake speed. The ski made a noise the display read over heated exhaust and then check engine light came on, also noticed smoke coming from around ski and a burning smell. Next temperture light came on so i shut it down and called dealer from the water. He advised to drive it back to shore and he would have mechanic waiting for me at shop. Drove it about 25 yards toward the dock motor shuts down wont restart. Me and my girlfriend were tossed off the ski and it sank, only the front nose was still above water. Was rescued by a boat who towed it to shore. Took ski immediately to dealer and they opened it up and and cranked the motor and water and oil were shooting from the engine. On sunday the mechanic told me the exhaust sensor was melted along with other smaller hoses but he had no clue yet as to why it did this. He was attempting to dry out the engine,
As mentioned the ski only had like 5-10 minutes on the engine total. My question is should I demand a new jet ski or let them repair it. The dealer said he believes sea doo will not replace it.
I believe it should be replaced, $17,000 for a ski with 5 minutes of runtime and has to be torn down and rebuilt is crazy. Just wanting some opinions on this matter.

I would agree with you in wanting a new one, but sometimes what you want and get are two different things.

I would be furious. I would demand a new ski; threaten to call a lawyer, etc. Sea Doo's incompetence threatened you and your girlfriends lives.

Edit: Just wait when they start building them in Mexico. !!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back