Bought some go fast parts for the GSXL

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

EJRex

R&D power plenum f/a, ADA head w/50cc domes, Solas 15/20 impeller, 97.5 gsxl "white pipe", and Bill O'Neal's jet kit.. also got a wear ring and new seals/gaskets while I'm in there. Hoping for a nice boost in both power and top end.. dunno what kind of numbers to expect hp or speed wise, but I know these are pretty quick for n/a 2 strokes.. looking forward to some fun times on the lake :thumbsup:

0504131721.jpg0422131815.jpg

I bought goodies just before I put the skis away for the season last year. Have not put them on yet. I want to splash them then install one at a time and take good notes to see the changes.

R/D grate, impeller, 4-inch intake, 3-degree wedge and one other things I can't think of off hand... Guess I have to go to the garage and look....

Hope it all goes smooth for you...

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope so,,,

But that is why I want to do it one at a time in the event there is an item that actually creates a loss...

The intake has the potential to do so on smooth water at the top end but would still improve hole shots and cornering...

We will see....

Let me know how your new toys do for you..

I hope so,,,

But that is why I want to do it one at a time in the event there is an item that actually creates a loss...

The intake has the potential to do so on smooth water at the top end but would still improve hole shots and cornering...

We will see....

Let me know how your new toys do for you..

My Top Loader did nothing to hurt top end but improved holeshots and cornering.

0511131946.jpg

Got some time yesterday to install the ADA head.. straight forward and easy to install, but buy and extra o-ring kit! The larger outer o-ring is very fragile and has to be stretched thin to get it to fit. The rest are all exact fit.

First opinion on the water: more low end thrust, some mid range acceleration, no difference in top end- but this is also with the stock impeller, so that will change when I install the 15/20. I also noticed it's waaay easier to ping the rev limiter between jumps and hard turns since the revs come faster now. I'll keep the post updated with the other items I install as I go. Next will be the impeller and wear ring.

What was your compression before and after? Current top speed gps or dremo? Ive got a rossiner stage 1 kit and have always wondered what I would gain with a concord impeller. I dont ride it much at all so still kinda hard to justify buying one for it

What was your compression before and after? Current top speed gps or dremo? Ive got a rossiner stage 1 kit and have always wondered what I would gain with a concord impeller. I dont ride it much at all so still kinda hard to justify buying one for it

Compression before was 140 and 142psi. After was 168 and 171psi. I used the digital speedo on the info gauge to compare, the mechanical speedo is a joke. Even though the digital speedo isn't gps accurate, it still gives consistent speeds, and that's what I used for comparison.

From what I've read/heard the Concord is the best all around prop for recreational and occasional racing that gives hard acceleration and higher top speeds.

Ya thats what I seen also and I think sabertooth runs a concord so anything with a 951 I trust him. I just got back today even with my rossiner head my compression is only 148. Im almost at 200hours so im sure by end of summer ill have a ticking time bomb. My speed is only 64 with digital but my rpms run 7k-7020 so im happy with that

Ya thats what I seen also and I think sabertooth runs a concord so anything with a 951 I trust him. I just got back today even with my rossiner head my compression is only 148. Im almost at 200hours so im sure by end of summer ill have a ticking time bomb. My speed is only 64 with digital but my rpms run 7k-7020 so im happy with that

What domes are you running? Also compression testers can vary a lot just by brand. 200 hours is up there but I've seen some 951s with 3-400 before needing a rebuild. 64 is not bad and that's about the right rpms you wanna be at.

Im not sure on domes it came on ski when I bought it. My guage should be pretty accurate my xp and gts are both mid high 140s. Ive only put maybe 15hrs on it and already did complete fuel system and oil lines so who knows what po did

0524131427.jpg0524131439.jpg0524131427a.jpg

Installed the solas concord and wear ring this weekend, also changed the jet pump oil since you lose some anyway. the job was much easier than expected, took about 2 hours total.
On a side note, I noticed the original ring had spun in the housing because grooves were cut into the outside of the ring. I don't know how much it spun, but Ben's suggestions of putting screws into the housing are good ones. I put 2 short self-tappers into each side, making sure they didn't penetrate the walls and covered them in silicone. There's no telling how much top end could be lost if the ring is spinning, let alone the damage to the pump housing.

First impression: the acceleration is much improved. It pulls way harder and is actually hard to hold on when in smooth water. In chop, when you hook up, you better be holding on because it will absolutely take off :) low end is better, pump loads faster, and top end gained 4 mph according to digital speedo. RPMs were steady at 7060-7070, which is ideal for this motor, seeing as rev limit is 7250. I also can hit the limiter much faster and easier now combined with the 50cc head. Might have to look into a programmer.

Hopefully next weekend I'll get some time to install the white pipe, jet kit, and power plenum filter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back