Bottle cap cripples my 210 Challenger !!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

studiocat13

So I had the boat out the last two days and she has been running great and then yesterday just as I was headed back to the dock my power suddenly drops to near nothing !! I immediately lowered the throttle and the engine sounds fine so I slowly throttle back up and again no power just a lot of noise and shutter. So at this point I am certain I have sucked something up in the impeller and since I was close by the dock I just limp back at about 5 mph.as it seemed fine at that RPM. Just pulled the grate and found what was left of a blue bottle cap, about half. Pulled the cap out and everything else looked ok so I think I should be good next weekend. With that said, is there an upgraded grate or grate cover for these boats that give more protection ? Looks to me like some type with a screen or wire mesh would have easily prevented this. Any experience or thoughts on this would be much appreciated.
Thanks !

Attachments

• 20190706_102814.jpg
    20190706_102814.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 55
I feel your pain.

35a6ed69204885507dd7bf0c736c6f18.jpg

3973b4c4a2c9625187969f4b84a0ea7f.jpg

Interested to see what others say, but my research found that the restrictions caused by an intake would be too much of a performance hit.

Been there done that, for us the weirdest one was a half pair of sunglasses. Hard to believe such small things can bring a boat to a halt!

Been there done that, for us the weirdest one was a half pair of sunglasses. Hard to believe such small things can bring a boat to a halt!
Still seems like there has to be a way to minimize this. The weedless system alone has to block more flow than a simple screen over the intake, right ?

I had a piece of sea weed stop mine,had to jump in the lake and swim under and pull this little thing of grass out. If course it happens in the roughest and busiest area of the lake on the 4th.

Thanks Brian ! Not sure how that would install on the 210 but just having the extra grate bars alone would have prevented my issue and would block most larger debris so obviously the extra bars would not impede water flow enough to matter so I would probably look into having something fabricated to add more protection to the existing grate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back