Bombardier mpem tool-code lost

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

11hollywood

Premium Member
Premium Member
I picked up a Bombardier MPEM programmer and cable today. Issue is the old guy lost code and can't remember it, and never wrote it down. Is there anyway of getting the code back. Or anyway of recovering it to unlock the programmer. image.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
if its the candoopro then the serial number on the back is the code and it would need to still have the maintenance active to be able to download the software.

if its the candoopro then the serial number on the back is the code and it would need to still have the maintenance active to be able to download the software.

Only thing on the back is beep codes and a bar code with 9 digits up top like this 278 000 802 and a number on bottom under bar code like M03096. Is the password code in those numbers somewhere.

Its an older programmer from 96. Think you can connect it to a pc and update the software through buds. That update resets the code to what ever you want it to be.

Willing to pay someone $50 to reset this and get it up and going and the password so I can use it to scan my 1998 and 1999 GatX RFI skis. You can contact me at 740-253-2oo8

I have not heard of the code being able to be reset but it does not surprise me if the Candoo guy figured it out.

I have all the update floppy discs but don't know what to do with them. Ankenyou has the discs too and he is a computer guy. Not sure if he can work with it without the code though.

Im not sure that model even works with the rfi.
On the only rfi I've used mine on (same as yours) it would not allow me to do anything :(

Id go candoo. So much better of a tool.
Im . A computer guy too and the programmer from that era is something i havent even started to look into. It works so haven't had to.
Try 6881.
Two of the ones i've used locally had that code. (they were bought from a closing dealership so maybe its only those two...)

Im not sure that model even works with the rfi.
On the only rfi I've used mine on (same as yours) it would not allow me to do anything :(

Id go candoo. So much better of a tool.
Im . A computer guy too and the programmer from that era is something i havent even started to look into. It works so haven't had to.
Try 6881.
Two of the ones i've used locally had that code. (they were bought from a closing dealership so maybe its only those two...)

The code is the dealer number which is why both of the programmers you ran across had the same number, That code will not work on his.

The programmer will work on models up to an RFI depending of course on what the last update installed on the programmer was.

The code is the dealer number which is why both of the programmers you ran across had the same number, That code will not work on his.

The programmer will work on models up to an RFI depending of course on what the last update installed on the programmer was.

Awesome thanks for the knowledge :)

Thanks for the info guys. If you know someone who can get it unlocked and are willing to help me out I would greatly appreciate it. I am willing to pay for there time and help within reason. I have two dess keys that needs programmed for my skis cause the old ones are falling apart and would like to check a few things on my skis with it. Thanks

I hate to say this but your options are figure out where it came from and the dealer code to that shop will be either code to your programmer or start putting in codes till you find it, after all there are only 10,000 possible combinations.

10,000 is not so bad. 1 try a second = 3 hours. I don't know where you put this code, but it can definitely be done with simple vbscript if its a standard windows or web program.

I have been entering codes everyday into the key pad and nothing yet. Have tried about 3,000 codes. No go so far. What is vbscript. That's Greek to me. But please fill me in.

You are making it sound like a physical key pad and not an application running on the computer. VBscript would have made it easier if it was a program running on the computer. But at least you are almost a 1/3 the way there if the limit is 10,000.

I updated my software but it didn't reset any passcodes. I don't remember if that was an option on not. I posted the updated software and manuals on here a year or so back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back