Boat Started in "gear"

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

al45

Wondering what would cause the following problem:

Put the boat in water and everything was good. Came to a stop and then when I accelerated I couldn't back down to neutral. Boat stayed at 5k RPMS and going fast. Had to turn the key off to stop.

Tried a couple times, and each time I turned the key, the boat jumped to 5k rpms and wanted to take off, before I turned the key.

I tried a third time, so I could get back to the dock and end my day, when it cleared up and all was fine. Boat ran never better all day long with no further problem.

What would possibly cause that temporary problem? Was something stuck in the intake that worked itself through? I though though when that happens you get the high RPMS but no speed?

Basically I had no use of the forward, reverse or neutral.

Hoping to figure out what would cause it so I know if I have an issue I need to deal with , or hopefully not, and just so I know if it ever happens again.Thanks,

Sounds more like your throttle, or shift cable were binding. Pull your engine cover and have a good look at them with some one else moving the shifter. No need to have the boat running or in the water, just do it on the trailer.

Aaron:cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back