Blown Fuse in Rear E-Box 2002 SeaDoo Gtx Rfi

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mattk

I recently bought a 2002 seafood gtx rfi and have been having problems with the charging system in it. The first time I took it out I ended up getting a 12 v low battery warning and not soon after the jet ski died. Later that day I was able to find in the rear e-box that there was a 7.5 amp fuse that blew.

I took the jet ski back to the water then next weekend with my multimeter to check the battery and make sure that it was charging while running and everything was working well. I then took the jet ski out 2 more times after with no problems.

This weekend I took it out again an after 3 hours I received a 12 v low light and pulled to shore and found that this 7.5 Amp fuse was blown again I replaced it with the spares I bought and went back out thinking that the battery would then charge back up and everything would be solved. However, it didn’t go away and it turns out the same 7.5 Amp fuse blew again.

I know this fuse has something to do with the charging system however, I do not know what it’s exactly connected too. After searching through many forms and manual I couldn’t find any mention of 7.5 Amp fuses except for vts which I don’t have. There are also a 3 and 10 amp fuse in the rear e-box. Would anyone know if these are the correct fuses that are supposed to be in there as many manuals mentioned a 20 amp fuse for the charging systems. As well as what could be causing this fuse to blow occasionally?

I just opened the rear box on a 2002 GTX RFI a couple days ago and found a 1 amp fuse in there. I always check for the correct fuse in the correct location. I was going to go to the book to verify but on the fuse holder it was clearly marked (1Amp) Ski has been running so I left that bad boy right where it was. LOL the other 2 fuses are (20Amp). Red wire and Red/Purple. Problem is the (1amp) fuse looks like it is also Red/Purple wire according to the 2001 RFI Wiring Diagram. Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back