Black chunks found around pump housing - what are they?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

az5oh

Pulled my 1996 Challenger pump off last weekend in order to change the wear ring (which itself is in terrible shape - see pics) and found this disintegrated black plastic everywhere. Any ideas as to what it is?

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Those are part off the wear ring.......that should be solid. You used every last bit of it, lol. That white should be black too.

Those are part off the wear ring.......that should be solid. You used every last bit of it, lol. That white should be black too.

Thanks, RacerXXX! I bought the boat like this (it's pretty rough) and have been just getting it running again. Since I've got you here, can I run something else by you? In addition to the wear ring, since I'll have the pump pulled apart, what else should I replace? I'm assuming neoprene/foam seal that goes between the pump and the hull, seadoo jet pump oil (or is there a substitute?), but are there any other things too? Impeller appears to look pretty good in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back