Bilge pump fuse location 2000 sportster LE

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

1970_mgb

I have no power to bilge pump and I want to check the fuse but where the heck is it on my boat?
The circuit diagram shows two 3 amp fuses in the mpem which are in this circuit but only one 3 amp is in the fuse block. (It's good). Is there another one for the pump I am not finding??
Thanks.

This is a boat... so I'll move this thread to the proper section. But did you look at the fuses in the helm?

Yes I removed the tool bin and had a look before I posted. I was looking for a single fuse holder but did not see it. In the MPEM there is a fuse block which includes one 3 amp fuse which could be for the Nav lights or the pump. Ill check to see if its lights.
Should there be a fuse block under the helm too?
Thanks

The 3 amp fuse in MPEM is not the nav lights. It must be for the bilge pump but the fuse is good.
Checked the Brown /orange wire at switch and no voltage present. Solid brown wire at switch has good ground. Guess I need to check continuity all the way to the pump.

Depending on the boat, and the year... yes, there should be a fuse block in the helm. There are also a few in-line fuses on the back of the battery switch.

3 amp fuse is for the bilge. The ground wire is under the forward carburetor with the air box removed. Probably a broken corroded ground wire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back