Best Place to wire GPS in 2006 Challenger

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

torkebj

I recently purchased a garmin 440s GPS and I am not sure where the best place is to wire the power to. I looked at some of the threads for mounting tranducers and just hacking into existing wiring, but I didnt have any luck getting it to work. I wired it into the purple and black wires from the fuel guage but my unit did not power up. i may have blown the fuse or that guage may only work if the engine is running, but I dont want to hack into any more wires without more research. Any help on this would be great. I have all the infor I need on mounting the transducer, I just need to get power to my GPS. I am new at wiring so be gentle with your terminology, as I may not get it thanks.

Not sure if it'll help or not, but you don't necessarily have to "hack" into wires, there are wire... dealies... (don't remember what they're called) that you put over the wire and clamp down with a pliers and then it supplies power off the side. Hard to explain, if I can find the pic I was looking at earlier I'll post the link here. But you don't necessarily need to be cutting wires.

Ok i got it. I was worried about where to put it. i Just tapped into the powersource for the radio and put the ground on the ground block. works great. I knew this was pretty simple but didnt want to mess anything up. Now I just need to get the transducer up and running. I see how to do that from here. Ill post photos when it's all done. Thanks for the replies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back