Best fuel pump for 2002 GTX DI

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good luck, I went the universal and it will run for a little bit but makes other gremlins, did you mama a fuel pressure test yet? These skies needs at least 19 mpa to run or will take out rectifier or from overcharged batteries, I found what looks to be an original style and waiting currently, I put the original back in after I saw the scree was plugged and is better but pressure drops from 107 to 90 and won’t take fuel, idle all day long and takes off for who noes long and looses fuel pressure, mind you these skies sat 10 years, Quantum500 di is what I’m trying next, good luck, let us no

Good luck, I went the universal and it will run for a little bit but makes other gremlins, did you mama a fuel pressure test yet? These skies needs at least 19 mpa to run or will take out rectifier or from overcharged batteries, I found what looks to be an original style and waiting currently, I put the original back in after I saw the scree was plugged and is better but pressure drops from 107 to 90 and won’t take fuel, idle all day long and takes off for who noes long and looses fuel pressure, mind you these skies sat 10 years, Quantum500 di is what I’m trying next, good luck, let us no

Do you have a link to the Quantum500 pump

Thanks
Milton

Do you have a link to the Quantum500 pump

Thanks
Milton
It is on page 6 once you get to fuel pump on the menu and it looks original and filter fits better and is about 1 1/2 longer motor with intern wiring and the extension threads with o- ring, I think the aftermarket might have worked with a new fuel regulator, but I read they draw too much amp and taxis the ski and took out rectifier

Attachments

• EE9C9F59-BF58-4EED-8521-2500E8CFBBEC.png
    EE9C9F59-BF58-4EED-8521-2500E8CFBBEC.png
    361.5 KB · Views: 11
Went through 2 aftermarket pumps in a season. My advice is bite the bullet and buy either a used one from westsidepowersports.com for around $400 or a new one ($900). No issues for 4 seasons. Def worth the no headache….. good luck

I used an aftermarket pump for a few years with no issues. A guy I rode with bought the SD $900 pump and installed it in April. He rode a little (5 hours maybe?) and it failed in August. SD refused to warranty it as the $900 pump with KNOWN issues failed after the 90 day warranty expired!
I decided I would take the chance and pay $75? than $900 for a SD pump. No regrets.

Did you check the air pressure? I saw that the o-rings could be leaking ad I personally had a DI come in with the rave solenoid line leaking.

I tested the air pressure by putting my thumb over the air line going to the fuel rail and had zero air coming out of it.
Trying to get to the pump and taken the 6 bolts in the outdrive that the driveshaft goes to. Took out the six bolts but can not get it off. ???

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back