Best alternate ground cable location?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

bigJake

I removed the battery ground wire on my '96 GSX and it seems pretty much impossible to reach to get the bolt started to reattach the cable in the original location on the bottom of the engine. Any recommendation on the best alternate location to reattach the cable and what size bolt I would need if it is an existing empty hole?

Last edited:
I removed the battery ground wire on my '96 GSX and it seems pretty much impossible to reach to get the bolt started to reattach the cable in the original location on the bottom of the engine. Any recommendation on the best alternate location to reattach the cable and what size bolt I would need if it is an existing empty hole?

Get the airbox out the way and it's easier.

I ended up hot gluing another bolt to the ground cable bolt to make it long enough to give me something to hold onto to get the threads started then just popped the extra bolt off

I ended up hot gluing another bolt to the ground cable bolt to make it long enough to give me something to hold onto to get the threads started then just popped the extra bolt off
Ingenuity, whatever works!! I was going to say earlier that any of the starter bolts should work as an alternative.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back