battery question

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

tvright

Hello

I need to replace the battery in my 1996 Bombardier. I can't seem to find through online searches which battery I need. The current battery really has no brand name or model number on it.

Any direction some kind soul could point me in to find a replacement? Some of the big battery web sites don't seem to show any results for that specific craft.

Thanks in advance
Todd - San Diego

Many auto parts stores list a size 14 or 16 that is a motorcycle wet cell - they work but do not last long - there is newer gel batteries which are sealed and the latest technology seems to be glass mat inside where wet cells used to have leaded plates immursed into the acid. I think this new one is called oddysey and it lasts a long time, some guys report 6-8 years.

Thanks

Does it have to be specific to the Bombardier, or any battery with your suggestions will work??

Thanks

The battery does not need to be specific to Bombardier. You real issue is matching the physical size of the battery and also the capacity.

Re: Capacity, I have just looked at the manual for my 99 XPL and it is 12V 19AH (AH stands for Amp Hours).

Mike

You real issue is matching the physical size of the battery and also the capacity.

To add to what Mike says, make sure that the positive and negative terminals are in the correct position when the battery is installed.

For example, my 99 GTX RFI uses a Y16CLB, but there is a Y16CL that is the right capacity and physical size, but the terminals are reversed. If you get the wrong one, your battery cables probably won't reach.

I just bought the Odyssey battery mentioned above through Amazon and hope to have a long life from it.

GregB

A 'Battery Tender" is a nessessary item to propperly maintain the battery. NEVER
jump-start a Seadoo. Test voltage regularly, and tender it for a prolonged life. Bills86e

If you have VTS, always store in Center position.

Get a maintenance free battery, don't get the Everstart one from Walmart that requires you to add water. Your local seadoo dealer would also tell you what you need to know.

Find a local battery shop. Go maintenance free and look into a battery tender. I have and also heard that the DEKA brand battery is very good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back