Bad problem 240 M2 EFI -00 Challenger 2000

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrille

Hi.
Still have trouble starting it up. But works then i hold the throttle at w.o.t. after a while, but will not go higher than 5300 rpm. The plugs get really black the engine smokes quite black aswell.

I made a really fast turn back to shore and the engine almost died out. After that the engine sounds really bad wont go over 3000 rpm and after a while dies out. I Was able to restart it but the same thing again.. Runs really bad sounds like nothing i heard before missfires and dies out again. Sounds like something is jumping around in the engine. And now it will not restart. So got towed back.

Please help me.. Changed the trigger, airtempsensor and engineheadtemp sensor today after a month on land and now it´s up on land again..

Can the engine just be finished?? Ready for the scrapyard??

//Chrille

Last edited by a moderator:
What did the shop say when they replaced the trigger, did they not mention anything?? It's possible when they did the trigger assembly they left something loose. That would explain the noise and poor performance. Hopefully that is all it is.

I would take it straight back to them and have them look at it again.

Aaron:cheers:

Trigger?

I am having starting problems also (240 efi). I have checked everything up to the elec fuel pump including voltage and jumped negative to ground(pump works). I don't have a pressure gauge, but I have fuel all the way into the VS. What is this "trigger" and what might I check next. (float and needle valve were free moving)

thanks,

djwdoo

I am having starting problems also (240 efi). I have checked everything up to the elec fuel pump including voltage and jumped negative to ground(pump works). I don't have a pressure gauge, but I have fuel all the way into the VS. What is this "trigger" and what might I check next. (float and needle valve were free moving)

thanks,

djwdoo

djwdoo, start a new thread with an explanation of the problem. Make sure you mention if you are getting spark and any other information you can think of.

Aaron

What did the shop say when they replaced the trigger, did they not mention anything?? It's possible when they did the trigger assembly they left something loose. That would explain the noise and poor performance. Hopefully that is all it is.

I would take it straight back to them and have them look at it again.

The only thing the shop did was help me release the flywheel. I did everything myself. They didn´t do anything for 3 weeks and it seems that they are complete idiots.
The only thing that happened standing there was that i now also hav wet carpets and a stereo with waterdamage. They left it standing in the rain with the aft up.

I´m pretty shore I tighten all things up really god. but i will check that again.
If i have water in the fuel can the engine sound bad or should it just die..

Start by going over everything and making sure it is tight. If you want to eliminate the fuel as a problem, drain the vapor separator and the fuel/water separator, then disconnect the pick-up hose going to the fuel tank and run it into a small tank with fresh fuel.

What kind of oil are you running in the boat?

Shot engine

:ack:Hi.
The engine is ready for the scrapyard.
One piston is stuck in the cylinder but i can still move the flywheel around even crank it.

I can´t belive it after all work i put in to it.

One sparkplug was totallt smacked in with lots of new metal melted to it.

Just wonder what caused this?

But now i will not put any more work on this scrap engine..

So anyone please help me get a new engine to the boat.

I wan´t a complete engine who fittes on the jetpump.

Can i for example buy a 2009 240 efi engine or 250 optimax engine does that fit the pump unit?

Any tips on a good used engine??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back