Audio Question

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

DooC180

Anyone out there with in depth knowledge of amplifier/audio system setups?

I currently have an Alpine MRV-F300 with the following 4 channels setup;

CH1 - Kenwood 6.5" 100W max/ 75W RMS(4ohm) and Kenwood 6.5" 150W max (4ohm) *I believe these are run in parallel inside the gunwale.

CH2- Kenwood 6.5" 100Wmax? 75W RMS (4ohm) and Kenwood 6.5" 150W max (4ohm) *I believe these are run in parallel inside the gunwale.

CH3- (2) Tower speakers each 200Wmax (4ohm)

CH4- (2) Tower speakers each 200Wmax (4ohm)

I am currently in the process of rewiring the Tower Speakers inside the tower instead of zip tied to the tower. My question is what is the best way to wire the tower speakers, in series or parallel?

Are the 6.5" speakers best left alone or should I be concerned with the setup? -I was not planning to do anything with these right now.

I understand the basics of car audio but I get lost in all the amplifier ohm calculations, hoping someone with more experience can point me in the right direction.

I guess the other option, although much more work, would be to rewire the (4) cabin speakers directly to the head unit and run each of the (4) tower speakers to each of the amp channels. That is probably how I would have done it, had I installed the system myself but I am hoping that the other person had a good reason to do it the way they did.

Max power is irrelevant, however, you'd want to wire the tower speakers in parallel. You wont gain much on the towers by splitting them up and running them on all four channels of the amp, as the load will be halved, and the output would follow suit. The net "gain" doing that would be that the front speakers aren't as loud since the HU can't put out nearly as much power as the amp. Currently each of your 8 speakers are receiving about 38 watts, assuming the ratings on the amp are accurate.

If it were me, I would upgrade the amp to this: https://www.mmatsproaudio.com/product/hifi-6150d/
Put the four front speakers on channels 1-4 @ 150W each, then the tower speakers in parallel on channels 5&6 at 275w each. Or add an amp and split them up then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back