Anyonw with a 2010 150 Speedster with wakeboard tower...

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

SeaDoo Fan

Anyone with a 2010 150 Speedster with wakeboard tower...

Ok, I bought a 2008 150 Speedster and absolutely love it. I found a bad weld on the wake board tower and had SeaDoo replace it under warranty. They put the new 2010 type tower on it, but I have no instructions on how to fold it for storage. Can anyone with a 2010 owner's manual tell me the proper way it should be folded down?
Craig

Last edited by a moderator:
Well

I have a 2009 dont know if its the same but here goes:

There is a joint on each side, about 3 feet up the tower, rear strut, held together by 1 allen screws and 1 knurled knob.

1. One either side, remove the allen head screw, if it resists being loosened, put pressure on the tower leg to free the threads. Do not force the threads, it is steel vs. aluminum and the aluminum is the expensive part.

2. Loosen one of the knurled knobs, same deal with the threads. Lower the 3 foot section of the strut rearward (put a towel around it)

In your boat you should have 2 black bumpers with steel threaded inserts. They are scratch-prevention devices.

Attach one of the rubber baby buggy bumpers to the knurled knob, beveled side down and metal insert facing toward the center of the boat (important).

Go to the other side, repeat step 1

The tower weighs about 25 pounds, so when you do step 2, hold the tower up while you loosen the knurled nut and attach the bumper, its a little tricky but doable.

Lower the tower onto the top of the boat (use 2 towels to avoid scratches)
Bungee or zip tie the 3 foot legs to the tower

Never use the tower with just the knurled knobs holding it together. it will chew up the threads on the tower legs. use the allen screws.

Thanks for the reply. No that's the old tower that originally came with my boat. I now have the new differently designed tower that the 2010 boats have.

249.jpg

Crappy iPhone pic, but you get the point.

Ok, that's what I've been looking for. I've been taking the forward supports completely off. I like this tower a lot better than the old one, but I have yet to take it out on the water. The old one flexed quite a bit. Does the new type seem more ridged?

Craig

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back