Anyone Wanting a 97 SPX?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

PGHMAN

Not sure if this is appropriate to post but I thought I'd present to this to the forum family.
I recently picked up 97 SPX with the intent of using the trailer for my 95 XP rebuild - long story. PO was a local older gentleman who used it sparingly. Well after a few weeks I decided the Load Rite trailer is not the one I want plus three ski's at the house is one too many so I am selling the set.
The motor appears to be all original and blows 150 on each hole. Have done the following:
New AGM battery
Carbs cleaned rebuilt w. Mikuni kits. Pop off 30psi
Jet pump serviced and oil replaced
Emptied, cleaned and pressure tested fuel and oil tank and replaced w. new fluids
Replaced grey tempo fuel lines
Serviced/cleaned Rave valves
Replaced seat cover w. marine vinyl
New spark plugs
Replaced VTS boot
Load Rite trailer w. working lights, replaced bunk boards and carpet
Good impeller and wear ring. Working VTS but the gauge does not function.

The only issue cosmetically are some hairline cracks on the port rail. The ski fires right up on the hose - have not gone to the lake since I have not registered and the Wildlife folks have been out daily at the ramp checking each watercraft for registration and safety inspection.
I have documented all of the above service....if interested I can forward additional photos or video. Also, PM me and I'll forward my phone to avoid having to go back an forth on the forum.
So if anyone is looking for a solid SPX I am wanting $1550. Title for ski and bill of sale for trailer.

[/URL
[URL=http://s1279.photobucket.com/user/ncrobkerr/media/SPX/7_zpshefxfk2w.jpg.html]

ttp://i1279.photobucket.com/albums/y523/ncrobkerr/SPX/5_zpsqyzmxd0a.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

No issues with posting it. It should be in the Non-eBay section, but not an issue.

Good luck with the sale.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Morning Joe. Early riser as well. I thought I'd present to the forum before I post locally on CL.

Wow, I'd cut that 95 loose and keep that 97. I know you just did all that work but to me a 787 ski is just a better animal and that thing is clean, clean, clean.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

Right. You don't want the new owner blowing past you at the lake haha(or towing you in). I agree it looks like a real freshy.

Gee guys, you're not making this easy :). I thought the same about unloading the 95 XP 720 but I have so much time into the ski and plus I really just got for my daughter. The SPX is clean and I was surprised when it blew 150 on each.....I didn't want another project for now since it's riding season.
My wife says keep them all but I really don't have room at the house for 3 skis and 4 cars now the oldest is home for the summer plus I don't want the neighbors getting pissed with skis in the back yard.
Oh well, I guess I'll have a few beers later. Enjoy the day!

Whoa, wife says keep them all? I think you may have been in the sun to long, please step back inside.

I have a 95 XP 720 to build. I keep passing it over cause it's not a 787 and I just can't get that into it. It might be almost as fast but that's like saying that chick is almost hot. I used to try and keep track of the hours I put into my projects, I gave up. It's not about the time it's about the enjoyment after the time spent.

That trailer is a nice trailer, I have one similar but it's painted. I'd love a galvanized one.

Here's the lay out:

Wife on the GTX
Daughter on the 95
You on the SPX.

Gee guys, you're not making this easy :). I thought the same about unloading the 95 XP 720 but I have so much time into the ski and plus I really just got for my daughter. The SPX is clean and I was surprised when it blew 150 on each.....I didn't want another project for now since it's riding season.
My wife says keep them all but I really don't have room at the house for 3 skis and 4 cars now the oldest is home for the summer plus I don't want the neighbors getting pissed with skis in the back yard.
Oh well, I guess I'll have a few beers later. Enjoy the day!

Wow!!! Wife says to keep them all; good advice ... or what is she angling for?

Whoa, wife says keep them all? I think you may have been in the sun to long, please step back inside.

I have a 95 XP 720 to build. I keep passing it over cause it's not a 787 and I just can't get that into it. It might be almost as fast but that's . I used to try and keep track of the hours I put into my projects, I gave up. It's not about the time it's about the enjoyment after the time spent.

That trailer is a nice trailer, I have one similar but it's painted. I'd love a galvanized one.

Here's the lay out:

Wife on the GTX
Daughter on the 95
You on the SPX.

Dan - I love your analogy...like saying that chick is almost hot! Also, I agree it's not the time but the time spent. I enjoy being busy and it keeps me out of my wife's hair.
The trailer is ok but the wider than my Tritron and is much heavier and long making maneuvering in the garage a real pain. I m looking for a shorter narrower trailer if I can find one.

Wow, I'd jump on this thing if you were closer to the border! I've been looking for one this clean here without any luck...anyone with boat export/import and tranport experience?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back