Anyone on the forum rebuild carbs?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
I may have an issue where I’ll need help getting a carb or four rebuilt. Went thru them but couldn’t get a few of the fuel block screws out.

Thanks for any pointers,

Donnie

Im at other end of CA. Iuse a pos phillips, hit it a few times. Itll pierce the heads and loosen the . make sure carb is flat b4 hitting it.

Thanks so much! I found those JIS bits for my impact screw drivers but I had to order them on ebay from Japan so who knows when they'll get here. Now I'm running into an issue where I can't get it to crank over...
Once I get it fired back up I'll pop the carbs off and use your trick..one way or another I'll get those screws out.

Meaning not turning the motor over. I have a separate thread going in case the moderators get mad for clogging up the page :(
I get the gauges to light up, fuel gauge reads properly etc. Which leads me to believe the key is making contact with the post?
However, after checking fuses, cleaning battery cables and charging batteries up I still cannot get it to turn over and cannot get the 2 beeps. It's very odd because it fired up basically all the time when I first got this thing a couple months ago by taking the key/lanyard on and off the DESS post. The previous owner told me to mess with the key when it would not start.

I have not messed with anything in the ignition system or electrical at all while doing maintenance and it's just so frustrating to have this thing not kick over after all this.

Thanks so much for any advice or help,

Donnie

Clean landyard and post with an eraser. As for not spinning, open ebox and check 15a fuse(at battery). If good, check fuses at mpem. If good, jump the relay nd see if starter engages...no worries Donny, its why we come to places like this.

Please forgive my ignorance, I did not know there was a 15 amp fuse at the battery? Where exactly is it located?

Each time I have also jumped the solenoid at the mpem and it does work.

What yr/model ski we talking about..relay may be bad if starter engages when jumping but not by starter button

Also, a person that I don’t really trust here in town told me to take a look at the voltage rectifier..dr Honda here on the forum told me to run though from that shop so I haven’t given it much thought since then. Where is that relay and fuse by battery? No rush on response and thanks again. Will go check the other fuses and re jump the solenoids again soon. Have to go grab dinner....

Cleaned lanyard again, all fuses good and she will crank over on both engines when jumping across the solenoid terminals. Still no beeps and no crank using the start/stop buttons.
I also unplugged the mpem and plugged it back in as well as sprayed some electrical cleaner on the connector then wiped off some of the dielectric grease that was on it but still no difference.

So this morning...I went out and jumped across the solenoid terminals again as that is what got it to start cranking over using the lanyard and post a couple weeks ago when I was trying to get the carbs dialed....and guess what? It cranked over using the start/stop button and I got the 2 beeps!?

What the heck? It was about 6:30 AM so too early to fire it up but do you guys have any idea what would cause the intermittent no crank when using the key/post?

Thanks,

Donnie

When jumping the solenoid you are taking all electronics out of the equation since it makes a direct path from the battery to the starter. his will only tell you if the battery, cables and starter are good.

If you just push the start button with no lanyard do the gauges or anything else come to life?

Thanks so much Greg, I sent a message through and will send it over as soon as I can get this thing fired back up assuming that it still has the same off idle issue when revving the throttle. I want to make sure that the port side engine is working okay before I send in the carbs for the starboard side.

Makes me think you have a bad beeper so you can't hear if it is giving one or two beeps. I would be then leaning towards a bad dess post since it should wake up just like when hitting the start/stop button and it's not. Finally MPEM if nothing else works.

OK, thanks so much. My key/lanyards were pretty old so I just bought a new key to have and then have a spare. I have a new aftermarket dess post on my watch list as well as some used OEM ones that are in decent shape. If I buy the new post, will I have to re program or is it only the key that needs programming?

Thanks,

Donnie

The keys have to be programmed not the post. New keys won’t work unless the computer is flashed to accept them.

Thank you. Should I get new aftermarket post or used OEM? I’m assuming they don’t make them new OEM anymore..

Same thing with the buzzer?

One more question..if it comes down to the mpem. Do I need the whole entire grey box or can I just buy certain internal part(s)?

Is there any way to re wire stuff inside of it to bypass whatever is fried?

I’ve seen anywhere from $90 for the “mpem” Portion of the grey box on eBay to $1000 for a used complete grey box.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back