Any 4 Stroke to replace the Mercury M2?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

scarfie

Thankfully this is not an issue at this time but I'm more curious about this for future reference.

Is there any 4 stroke powerhead out there that would relatively easily replace the Mercury 240 EFI M2 in a 2000 Challenger 2000?

Hope I'm not jinxing my motor by asking, it is a great motor...I just hate the 2 stroke smoke.

Old post!....

Hey Scarie.....I think we solved the problem with the "old smokey" but I just read this post and found it a bit amusing, so I wanted to throw in my 2 cents in on it..........."no" , as far as I know, the Mercury M-2 engine is the only engine that will fit. The new models now run the 4 cycle 4-TEC engines, but it won't fit in your boat. The shaft and pump come out the back verses dropping down thru the hull, then out the back.........but I think once your M-2 is completely back in tip top shape, you'll be happy.
Now about that trim tab?

I've been looking around for a 4 stroke replacement and haven't seen anything that might work. That would be a great thing if it available.
Karl

M-2

I'm afraid not. The only way you could replace the Mercury would be to do a complete mod and remove the jet pump also. Would it be worth the cost....no, unless you wanted to go with a Berkley pump and do a little racing. Then, I don't think the hull is race efficient.
The good thing is, Sea-Doo no longer uses the Mercury's M-2 engine in their Sport, Recreational or Muscle boats. All their boats in the 2008 season use the 1503 4-TEC engines. They found the horsepower of the V-6 couldn't match that of the 1503 when it came to efficiency and weight ratio.
What a nice engine!........:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back