and my answer is what?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

SEADOOREBEL

2004 Seadoo GTX limited
Hello,
my speedometer use to read around 60mph at full speed and now it seems to top out at around 52 to54mph. Also when pulling skiiers or a tube there is sound like it is spinning and not catching the water like it would be with a boat and prop. it use to pull me out of the water (230lb) and now it can't. What should I tear apart first and what manuel is best to be purchased to walk me through the proper steps.
Thank you for any info that is given.

Welcome to the seadoo forum seadoorebel. It sounds like the wear ring might need replacing. It is the item the seals the pump in the impeller jet housing. It is better to have to replace it than have damage to the tunnel in the pump.
Usually debris is what wears the ring out. If you join as a premium member you can down load a manual and print it off in a pdf file. As a member you can download any manual from the library, or just read it on line. Click on the link under "seadoo manual" on the top of the page, for details. There you can view all the manuals available, and the one for you.
Also if you need any help while working on your project...just give us a post, and I'm sure you'll get a positive response. This forum is a friendly place with many eager members to help.
Karl

Last edited by a moderator:
Wearing ring!

I think, since your motor is running good, your just loosing speed, I'd start at the wearing ring. If you use the Doo in an area where your picking up a lot of sand, it being abrasive, will wear it a lot faster than normal wear.
I'd pull the pump end and check it out.
In the forums manual library, there is a section on inspecting and repairing this component. The test is simple, you take a feeler gage between the ring and the impellor.
If there is vibration associated with the loss of power, then you may even have damage to the impellor.

what does it consist of being a premium member?

I appreciate the fast response.
I was leaning towards that was the problem hoping that might be the problem.
I enjoy getting other opions on issues like mine so I have all the bases covered.
I haven't done any research on being a premium member or anything else on this site.
What would it detail if I wanted to take the plunge?
If you don't have time to reply I understand, I will read up on it this evening.
Thanks again. I want my ski ready when spring comes around!!!

Premium Membership, great value for problem solving

Actually, its not all that complicated. The cost currently is $10.95 a month. You have use of any or all the manuals in the library. The manuals are directly from seadoo. They cover all the electrical diagrams, troubleshooting, parts breakdowns, picture diagrams of parts, how to issues like winterizing, carb adjustment, cable adjustment, operating procedures, and much more. You can download all or any of the manuals to read on line in a pdf file or print off for you own personal and privet use. You also get to use the premium section for special technical problems, not available to regular members. You can stay a premium member as long or short a time you want or need to be. If you click on" http://www.seadooforum.com/manuals.php "it will give all these details and options about payment. I have been a premium member for a while now, and it has helped me with a lot of issues I couldn't have solved before. When it comes to getting help on the forum it is a big help also because then we all know what your talking about...the item isn't just that do hicky... If you have any more question about the membership or your wear ring project, just come back and visit. We are all glad to help you out, and as I said before, it's a friendly atmosphere.:cheers:
Karl

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back