Alternator problem 05 3d rfi

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

southsidesridaz

Hi I'm new to jet ski scene and I just bought myself a 05 3d and I love but it for about 4 hrs or so. Here the story I install a brand new battery ran it for about 4 hrs no problem then I flew off got back on start it didn't work so my dad took another battery a spare one on the side and jump start it ran it about 30 min and die out went home check the battery and the battery was complete dead so I'm assuming while I'm out there it seem like the alternator is bad. My question is does anyone having the same problem can someone help my I really love this ski but if I keep getting stranded out there I'm not gonna love it no more so please help me

Check the voltage regulator, its behind the battery, mine was dead when i got mine and same story- 3-4 hours then dead battery. The one in the picture is not orriginal and my battery is relocated, yours may look slightly different.

If you test at the battery terminals when its running there should be 14-15V DC if its charging, if its only 12ish then its not.
You arnt meant to run the engine without a battery connected as it may fry a good regulator.
You can safely test the alternator by unplugging the regulator/rectifier and testing for around 15-20V AC with a multimeter between each of the 3 yellow wires. (1-2, 1-3, 2-3)

3dvr.jpg

If you have 15-20 ish between each phase to then its most likely the regulator.
There is also a fuse between the regulator and the starter solenoid that you can check.

wow thanks for the help i just replace the voltage regulator. Just hope that the only problem i got now just waiting for the part to come in. Was wondering normally let just say everything is running right. How long a 3d can run for?? like how many hours can it last on the lake for a days?? running non-stop

i get around 2 hours out of a tank, depending on how hard i push it.
Its only about a 25L fuel tank so i always take a jerry can- after 3-4 hours ive had enough fun

Oh wow hmmm last time I run it almost 4 hrs on and off never full throttle my 3d only eat up half of my tank that just 5 gal. Can 3d easily over heat w/o letting it rest ?? Let just I keep running it when it empty run it again and keep doing it until night fall. Will that hurt my engine??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back