Alignment Tool Rental

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Coastiejoe

I bought an alignment tool for fellow members use. I am renting it out with the following parameters. If you want/need it let me know.

This is BRAND NEW. I bought it for others. Please respect that it wasn't a cheap thing to do as I have no personal need for it. I bought it for the use of others as there is a demand/need for the tool.

Pay me $175 up front as this will cover the tool and freight in the event it never comes back or comes back destroyed.

USPS Raised their rates effective Jan 1, 2016. For that reason, I was forced to raise the total price by $10.00. The corrected price is reflected in the text below.

Freight to you is included in the rental.
Rental will be $80 (90.00 if shipping to Mid-West and further west) for a two-week rental with a week grace period to allow for shipping and what not (three week total). I pay freight to you and you pay freight to me. So that actual rental will be 80 (Or 90) minus the freight as I am eating it one way. The user is responsible for the return freight. As I have a USPS account I can get the freight slightly lower. If you want me to, I can e-mail a return freight shipping tag to you. You simply print and tape it onto the box.

Once the tool is returned to me in good usable condition with all parts accounted for I will refund all the money minus the rental cost and additional shipping if you want me to supply the return shipping tag as long as the tool is in good shape.

Coastiejoe

Saving this here so I know where I put it... (I built a custom shipping tube for the alignment tool)

Joint A and Joint B have grey tape on them. Remove the tape. Joint A is a nothing more than press fit. It may be snug, but it is just sitting there. Joint B is a threaded cap. The long shaft will come out the hole at Joint B. The larger part with the bolts will come out of Joint A. There are three (3) Sleeves, you use the one you need for your ski. Two of the sleeves are INSIDE the larger bolt on part where the shaft slides in to. The third is on top of the part. The taped box is the plates. If you slice through the side, you can probably use the same box. If not, I just fold cardboard around them and tape the crap out of it like you see it. If you want, I can make a shipping tag for you. You would just need to print it and attach it. I normally use Clear Shipping tape, but due to my move, I could not find it. So I used the grey tape and put it under two sandwich bags. I don't care what kind of tape you use to reseal the joints, but please do use something that will hold

Also, in the middle of the smaller PVC you will see a coupling. Inside the coupling there is a bushing that helps to support the shaft. So, when you slide the shaft back into the tube, go slow so you can get the shaft to slide through the coupling if you would.

Do you know how to use the tool? If not, follow this link to a good video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yVxleEU3QA

Repairing and selling iPads, iPhones and Mini iPads.

Last edited by a moderator:
Designed a custom shipping tube. Locally, this made a slight discount for shipping. Headed to the west coast from Florida is still expensive (USPS Raised their rates). I will look at other services to see if I can get the rate down.

70.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This is an older thread, so may not be current now.

I am in need of an alignment tool to work on my 2010. I wonder if the tool rental is still available.

Also. since my ski is the 2010 with the pump mounted to the ride plate, I think I also need the adapter which seems to sell for $199 by itself. I have not seen any rental offerings on this part. Any idea on sources for the rental of the adapter?

thanks
Tim

Been off for a week due to some surgery. Let me see if my tool will work with the ride plate mounted pump and I'll get back to you.

Thanks.

I think that besides the need for the basic alignment tool, I will need this adapter. It is used instead of the flat plat adapters from the basic kits.

Does anyone on the forum have of these to sell or rent?
s-l200.jpg

Based on my RXT, which has the plate mounted jet like yours, I believe you are correct.

If you don't find something, let me know and I may buy it for future use of members.

I might be willing to kick in some money Coastie to provide this for other members. If you buy it pm me.

I might be willing to kick in some money Coastie to provide this for other members. If you buy it pm me.

I'm happy to do something like that. I like having the tool for others. Maybe one day I'll need it. LOL.

Let me know your thoughts.

I bought an alignment tool for fellow members use. I am renting it out with the following parameters. If you want/need it let me know.

This is BRAND NEW. I bought it for others. Please respect that it wasn't a cheap thing to do as I have no personal need for it. I bought it for the use of others as there is a demand/need for the tool.

Pay me $175 up front as this will cover the tool and freight in the event it never comes back or comes back destroyed.

USPS Raised their rates effective Jan 1, 2016. For that reason, I was forced to raise the total price by $10.00. The corrected price is reflected in the text below.

Freight to you is included in the rental. Rental will be $80 (90.00 if shipping to Mid-West and further west) for a two-week rental with a week grace period to allow for shipping and what not (three week total). I pay freight to you and you pay freight to me. So that actual rental will be 80 (Or 90) minus the freight as I am eating it one way. The user is responsible for the return freight. As I have a USPS account I can get the freight slightly lower. If you want me to, I can e-mail a return freight shipping tag to you. You simply print and tape it onto the box.

Once the tool is returned to me in good usable condition with all parts accounted for I will refund all the money minus the rental cost and additional shipping if you want me to supply the return shipping tag as long as the tool is in good shape.

Coastiejoe

Saving this here so I know where I put it... (I built a custom shipping tube for the alignment tool)

Joint A and Joint B have grey tape on them. Remove the tape. Joint A is a nothing more than press fit. It may be snug, but it is just sitting there. Joint B is a threaded cap. The long shaft will come out the hole at Joint B. The larger part with the bolts will come out of Joint A. There are three (3) Sleeves, you use the one you need for your ski. Two of the sleeves are INSIDE the larger bolt on part where the shaft slides in to. The third is on top of the part. The taped box is the plates. If you slice through the side, you can probably use the same box. If not, I just fold cardboard around them and tape the crap out of it like you see it. If you want, I can make a shipping tag for you. You would just need to print it and attach it. I normally use Clear Shipping tape, but due to my move, I could not find it. So I used the grey tape and put it under two sandwich bags. I don't care what kind of tape you use to reseal the joints, but please do use something that will hold

Also, in the middle of the smaller PVC you will see a coupling. Inside the coupling there is a bushing that helps to support the shaft. So, when you slide the shaft back into the tube, go slow so you can get the shaft to slide through the coupling if you would.

Hello. Long time user of the forum first time posting. Was wondering if the alignment tool was still available for rental. Have pulled my wife's engine to repair rotary gear and now suffering from heavy vibration. Thank you Brian

Freight to you is included in the rental. Rental will be $80 (90.00 if shipping to Mid-West and further west) for a two-week rental with a week grace period to allow for shipping and what not (three week total). I pay freight to you and you pay freight to me. So that actual rental will be 80 (Or 90) minus the freight as I am eating it one way. The user is responsible for the return freight. As I have a USPS account I can get the freight slightly lower. If you want me to, I can e-mail a return freight shipping tag to you. You simply print and tape it onto the box.

Coastiejoe

Is your tool still available for rent?

I’d like to rent the tool if you still have it. I noticed coastie was last only a year basically. But still seeing if he responds

Back