Aftermarket Parts for Engine Rebuild

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Jobondur

Just tore down a 4TEC engine on a 2008 Wake 215. Previous owner apparently sunk it and left water in the engine. Upon teardown, the cylinders need to be honed or possibly bored (taking to machine shop this week) and the valves need to be cleaned up. Everything else has cleaned up fairly nicely. The pistons are in great shape but the rings were absolutely shot. So I need to source the following parts and wanted to know if anybody knew of any of these aftermarket that would be quality parts but less expensive than OEM. I've seen SBT and WSM pop up a lot as well as a lot of eBay stuff that I'm likely to stay away from unless I can determine the manufacturer. Here's an approximation of what I need. Let me know what non-OEM vendors you'd recommend for this type of stuff. Much appreciated.
  1. Piston ring kit (x3)
  2. Engine gasket kit
  3. Oil pump gaskets
  4. Stretch bolts
  5. Thrust bearings
  6. Crank bearings
  7. Supercharger rebuild kit
  8. Likely a lot more stuff I'm forgetting

Im just rebuilding mine,

Ordering CP piston kits and ARP bolts and OEM head gaskets always.( Although Cometic very good for gaskets also ) Replacing my SC with Riva 17psi unit and tune. Seen lots of bad review on SBT stuff so i stayed away.

CP & ARP Parts held me well when i rebuilt my Subaru STI and they held nearly 800 whp

:)

Back