Advice for my GTS, Please!!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tommygun91

So I've been restoring my '95 GTS. I'm trying to get it back to showroom new. today, for the first time in four years, fired her up. Started instantly without hesitation, no choke or anything. I don't really know what else i should look for. Taking it to the lake this weekend so i guess I'll find out then. LOL. I filled it with premium gas for the first time out. Hopefully that will help flush all the stuff just sitting in there. I was also going to put a carburetor cleaner in the gas, any suggestions? Everything went without a hitch today. Started faster than it used to! haha!

I'm getting the seat reupholstered and waxing it on Wednesday. This brings me to my big question. Does anyone know how i can take sun damage out? It hasn't had a cover in a while and the sun got to it. I also noticed that the hull needs A LOT of work. 18 years, so we've had our share of mishaps. how can i fix that? Will it ever look good again or should i just leave it? The bumpers are very faded and rough. Can i fix that? Any tricks to getting that brown off?

I was looking at the hood today and saw that the cap on the left could be removed. Any chance i could add another gauge of some type?

Thank you guys so much for helping a newbie out! We've had these for so long in the family but they are mine now, and i want to get it fixed up.

I guess i should add that i am in no way mechanically inclined.. lol.

photo%201.jpgphoto%202.jpgphoto%203.jpgphoto%204.jpgphoto%205.jpg

There are lots of threads on how to restore the hull, and make it look good.

As far as the gauge... yes, you can put in whatever you want. BUT... nothing is going to be available anymore. So, it's whatever you can find.

Good luck with the rebuild.

I would definitely patch up the bottom of the boat with some gelcoat, its not just looks but also protects the fiberglass. I bought a gelcoat repair patch kit from harbor freight, worked great and since yours is white it will be easy to match the color.

I would definitely patch up the bottom of the boat with some gelcoat, its not just looks but also protects the fiberglass. I bought a gelcoat repair patch kit from harbor freight, worked great and since yours is white it will be easy to match the color.

There are a few decals on ebay for your ski right now. Might want to snatch them up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back