Adding a GPS speedo to 03 gti

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

lucky68

I bought a aftermarket GPS speedometer to o add to my 03 gti since it doesn't have one. I need to hook up pwr and grd for it. Can I splice into the purple power and black ground on the wiring going to the factory fuel gauge?
Thanks

Where would be best place to hook up power for the gauge so it turns on when I start ski and shut off when ski is off.

Where would be best place to hook up power for the gauge so it turns on when I start ski and shut off when ski is off.

The fuel gauge connection you identified is good, when it's on and off your speed o is in sync with it.

Ok, tried that but didn't work. From what I've read, the 4 wires from the fuel gauge are black/ground,purple/ pwr, pink/fuel level, blue/oil level.

Ok, tried that but didn't work. From what I've read, the 4 wires from the fuel gauge are black/ground,purple/ pwr, pink/fuel level, blue/oil level.
Like I was replying on the FB forum, first verify the 12 volts going to the fuel gauge with a multi meter when it activates. If the GPS speed o is needing more amps, just put a simple relay on it where you pull 12 volts directly from the battery and the fuel gauge coming on is triggering the relay. Relays are cheap and easy to wire up, works like the solenoid for the starter.

Like I was replying on the FB forum, first verify the 12 volts going to the fuel gauge with a multi meter when it activates. If the GPS speed o is needing more amps, just put a simple relay on it where you pull 12 volts directly from the battery and the fuel gauge coming on is triggering the relay. Relays are cheap and easy to wire up, works like the solenoid for the starter.
Ok thanks. I'll spend some more time tomorrow on it. It was raining today and I just tried it quick.

Here's the wiring diagram.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200518-231445_Hancom Office Editor.jpg
    Screenshot_20200518-231445_Hancom Office Editor.jpg
    719.7 KB · Views: 5
How would u wire the relay in

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back