A Look into Racing!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
We are broken down here please help. It won't start but it has started a couple random times and ran briefly with an ignition miss. The parts run fine in other skis. The RV timing has not changed. I checked for a sheared flywheel key and then tried a different flywheel, mag cup, plugs, whole different mag cover with all it's components, etc.

It acts like it has no spark but it always has good looking spark. Ideas? Tomorrow I have to swap engines but have no idea why. One cylinder is at TDC when the other is at BDC so I don't think the crank twisted or anything.

Stripped RV gear?

I thought that but I dove in and looked. Then I thought it must be the flywheel key.

I still don't know what it was but it runs perfect when we plugged in another black e-box. It must have been a bad ground wire to the coil or a bad coil signal wire. Thank you guys for the thoughts.

Well guys she is ready for racing. First round is this weekend at Pensacola, FL. I would like to Thank Matt Braley for everything he has done for me and the ski. I definitely would not be where I'm at today without him!. Would also like to Thank all the other people that helped with the build and their knowledge. We have everything lined out and all we need to do now is win races!

It looks awesome but is missing some Seadoo Forum and WestSide Powersports stickers:thumbsup:.

Best of luck this weekend.

Thanks. It has a Westside powersports sticker on the back hatch!..and I would put seadoo forum stickers on it if I had some :/

I love the ski number! Good luck! I'd say keep the shiny side up, but it is all shiny! Great job. Be safe. (but remember- you let up, you lose!)

we have some pwc muscle stickers but thats it right now..

I love the ski number! Good luck! I'd say keep the shiny side up, but it is all shiny! Great job. Be safe. (but remember- you let up, you lose!)
Pin it to win it! It's a very competitive class. Hole shot is the key.

If anyone is interested in racing, we have a great group of guys here in Charlotte that are willing to help you out. Usually run buoys every Sunday with one or more world champions. Great advice and good vibes!

Zach did great. He finished every race and placed well off the bottom. He was really good at staying on the ski in really rough conditions. There was one race Sat and 2 Sun. Since he ran GP he was "pro" right from the start. There were some cameras out there so hopefully it will get some coverage on CBS Sports.

The ski ran great. We were not able to get into the high revs too much in the waves. In the 2nd race it was breaking up and topping out at 6300rpm but I think we just had a plug fouling. The worst issue was the non OEM key and/or a tired DESS post. It did not want to make a connection every time with the salt water all over it. Pair that with trying to re-board a HX in the ocean waves and it can be aggravating.

Ok since I have some time to relax now from all this racing I'll let you guys know how it went these past two weekends. First round as ya'll know was pensacola. Saturday I had 1 moto and conditions were quite choppy. My goal for being my first ever race was stay on the ski and finish race. I did that and without being in dead last. Finished 14th out of 17 skis. Sunday was better conditions but still choppy. 2nd moto was going well until I fouled a plug and could not get it to clear out on the top end. Again i stayed on ski and finished 12th this time. Before 3rd moto we were having problems with DESS key/post or connections. We got it running. I was doing good till I turned into a big wave sideways and fell halfway off ski. Quickly hopped back on but key was not working and would not fire. By then a big wave was coming and it hit me and threw me off. Got rescue guy to help me on and finally after like 10 tires ski started. I finished race in 15th. overall good time for my first race. Now last weekend was round 2 at panama city beach. Saturday was a joke. Surf was massive 7ft waves. it was not racing and more like who can stay on the ski the longest. My ski was having ignition problems and we found a pinched and frayed wire. I opt to not race Saturday since conditions were not safe and did not wanna risk my ski sinking. Sunday was perfect and i was pumped. 2nd moto started out like crap. still having problems with DESS not making a connection. finally got it started and pushed hard to catch up. Ended up finishing 12th out of 19 skis. 3rd moto started out the same with bad connection.( was very fustrated) finally got it started and pushed even harder the whole race. Ended up finishing 11th. overall i am getting faster and more confident on ski to push myself harder each time. Next round will be Hartwell, GA for me. Me and Matt have work to do on ski before then to fix this problem we are having.

Nice job. Makes me want to get out and try my hand at racing. Very limited if any racing in Michigan though.

Well I switched ignition over to msd, redid exhaust since the water box was getting way to hot after a moto. She is about ready for round 6 in Hartwell, GA

Well we are loaded up and headed to Hartwell, GA. If any of yall go out there I'll need some holders!
87.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back