A Bad day turned out Great

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

madox-nola

Me and My wife went to a park at Bayou Segnette yesterday and the temp was about 80 Degs. and the day was going just great, nice weather and the temp of the water was not bad, we was riding about 30 min's later and presto, we ran into a lot of fishing line and it pulled all kind of seaweed into the impeller and it wouldn't move. We had to get tow to the dock, super nice guy. I took it home and cleaned up all the fishing line and seaweed from the bottom. I was thinking it is still early, so I took it to Lake Pontchartrain and it ending up a great day, the seas we kicking up big. Plus now I broke the 5 hour mark and I can now drive it like a want now.

:thumbsup:

Eventually, everyone will get stranded out on the water! Most boaters are good about helping out! I had to tow someone back in the first time we went out on my Wife's new Spark!

Thats great news. You would know if your wear ring was damaged as you would be getting cavitation. Sounds like you are all good to go!

From what I can tell the Seadoo was running good at the lake, I do wish I had more time to spend on the lake, I was having a blast. I didn't notice any cavitation. I did look at the wear ring before I went into the water and I didn't see any damage that I can tell.

Guys, I took the spark out again to at Lake Pontchartrain and ran it for about 3 hours and it did fine. So I guess I got lucky with all that fishing line and seaweed in the impeller. Looks like the weather is getting warmer now, so I can open the thing up.

Fishing line would be a royal PAIN to remove..

Line and Seaweed you can at least see and get to..

Glad you had a great day.

Back