99 Speedster Sk Starboard Engine 5800rpm max

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Toby7777

I’m looking for a little troubleshooting help. I have a 99 speedster sk and the starboard engine feels like it hits a rev limiter at exactly 5800rpm. The other engine is smooth to 7500+. I’ve switch carbs between the motors and switched the impeller assemblies. Both motors have good compression between 145/147, 147/148. I’ve checked butterflies open fully, I’ve swapped fuel pumps. All fuel lines are new. So far no matter what I swap from side to side the problem stays starboard. Any ideas?? Thanks.

Good point, I’ll try swapping tach harnesses to confirm, but it doesn’t sound or feel like it’s revving to the 7000,s. Also it doesn’t matter if I’m at 3/4 or WOT, it still hits a wall at 5800rpm.

The tach was the problem. Thanks Raven for the heads up. I swapped tachs and the port engine showed 5800rpm max. Interesting that the tach can go out of calibration. Is there a difference between 99 Speedster tachs with the 787's and the Speedster SK with the 717's?? I noticed this tach has a different part number sticker on the back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back