99 rfi fuel pump comes on for 5 sec shuts off

Status
Not open for further replies.

vanagonguy

1999 Sea Doo rfi installed new fuel pump a couple weeks ago and had 58 psi fuel pressure until today while on the water it bogged and stalled. I have a fuel pressure gage installed in line and I found that the fuel pump would power up for like 5 seconds and the shut itself off. Was hoping someone in here might be able to point me in a direction to start? Thanks for any advice.

I can tell you most of the aftermarket pumps are junk. They pull more amps than the seadoo electrical system can handle.

I can tell you most of the aftermarket pumps are junk. They pull more amps than the seadoo electrical system can handle.
I searched for a Bosh brand pump actually found a part number in this forum and they told me they couldn't find that number at all. Do you have any suggestions for a brand that's known to work or a part # for a fuel pump for the GSX Rfi skis?

If you could find an AM fuel pump that works under load,
,,you would be a millionaire out here,,,so far,,,they do not exist.

With the key first applied,,,the pump comes on for bunch of seconds,,,to prime the injectors,,,then shuts off,,,if you are pressing the start button,,,then the pump,will run continuously.

With the key first applied,,,the pump comes on for bunch of seconds,,,to prime the injectors,,,then shuts off,,,if you are pressing the start button,,,then the pump,will run continuously.
Thanks but even when I cranking the engine my inline fuel gage only show 15 psi of pressure. I can't believe this new fuel pump would have gone bad after taking it out just one time after its been installed. If anyone know of a brand pump they make that they have installed, that has lasted awhile please let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back