RESTO 99 Challenger 1800 - SEADOO REDO

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, how in the heck did you get oem cranks so cheaply at the dealer? Cheapest I've found is like $430.

I honestly lucked out. I found a dealer with 4 cranks, 6 counter balancers, 2 rotary shafts and seals in stock from back in the day. I offered to buy it all so they gave me everything for current cost

Ahhh, that's better. I was about to say that there doesn't seem to be much allowance of space to shim and move about. Keep up the great work, and posting of your progress.

I honestly lucked out. I found a dealer with 4 cranks, 6 counter balancers, 2 rotary shafts and seals in stock from back in the day. I offered to buy it all so they gave me everything for current cost
Wow, I would have done the same for sure. You probably saved $600+.

^me too cause what you are doing to these motors is the exact recipe I plan on for keeper motors.

Edit: didnt read page page 3 first:facepalm: You did luck out!

Last edited by a moderator:
Agree with that no thanks on a 4 stroke

2 stroke all day for me cheap and easy to repair. I could blow a engine on Friday and have it back to running on Saturday :thumbsup:

Got my cylinders back from Dan at Full Bore today. Quality work and turn around time was spot on. Iv been using them for years now and never had a issue. So if your looking for a bore hit them up fullboreonline.com

Went with Pro-X pistons. For those of you who dont know Pro-X is made in Japan by art which is the same company that makes OEM pistons for Yamaha and Kawasaki. So I know this is as close to OEM as ill get without spending big bucks.

Im gonna throw the two Challenger motors together this weekend. The other kit is for my GSX build that ill post when i start it. Going Rossier and a couple other goodies

Attachments

• IMG_9001 (1).JPG
    IMG_9001 (1).JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 81
Last edited by a moderator:
Man, so BA! You're doing exactly what I want to do with the exact boat, just don't have the skill to pull this off.....

Looks and sounds like when you're done it will be showroom condition.

What are your plans for the intake grates? I assume the 99 has weedless?

This weekend was a bust! I was sicker than hell so I will be assembling the motors and paint this weekend instead. On the bright side, I recieved my turf today. I decided that since I have spent a crazy amount of money on this thing so far why stop? I went with the Elite turf and I gotta say man was it worth it. Very clean looking and soft

Looks and sounds like when you're done it will be showroom condition.

What are your plans for the intake grates? I assume the 99 has weedless?

Intake gate will be replaced since they are currently broken :mad: I have new ones on the way

I love it when a perfectly good budget goes down the drain and you keep going because you might as well:cheers:

Intake gate will be replaced since they are currently broken :mad: I have new ones on the way

Wish I would have know, I would have told you to not waste your money. In 18 years of owning my Speedster I have used the weedless intake grates all of 2 times and 1 time was just to try it. I mean I managed to suck up a golf ball once and had to limp back on one engine. Even with the grate I couldn't dislodge the golf ball, I had to drop the pump anyway since it was sliced into by the impeller. Those mats look cool can't wait to see them laid down.

I only asked as I have a set from my 97 challenger 1800 I could have sent you.
I removed mine when I bought it as the weedless system had been removed and the grates were sikaflexed in the up position

Finished both motors this weekend so as soon as we have another warm day ill steam cleaning and spray them

Finally back on this boat!

The weather was finally nice enough to spray the motors this weekend! I went with PPG paint color is Peweter Metallic and turned out excellent

Carbs were also gone through and rebuilt with genuine Mikuni kits

Hopefully installing this weekend so I can start on my interior

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back