RESTO 99 Challenger 1800 - SEADOO REDO

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Check spark from the MPEM that's a known failure point. They will turn over fine but stop sending the signal for spark on one or both engines.

LOL this boats a wreck

Pictures just dont do it justice. Every time I look i find a new part I need to order

Both intake gates are broken off, the sun pad ripped off and flew away from heavy winds and is just gone, the storage tray got cracked in half on the way home, and the box of parts is missing a ton of bolts.

Good news is the MPEM fires on and cranked the one motor that was in it so Im good in that department. Both original motors cases are good and the engine mounts were never touched so i will rebuild and bolt back in no alignment needed since its the exact motor.
Trust me, it's out of alignment. Several people I've talked to have said the same thing, the engines are low in the back and off center, specifically the port engine. Did you happen to photograph the drive line? Carbon seal alignment will tell all. The one I did a few years ago was so bad the inside of the carbon ring was egged out from the drive shaft rubbing on it.

Picked up all my parts from seadoo this afternoon after work. Remember when you guys said what do you mean by all out?:drool5:

Picked up a free tank for my 95 XP800 as well. Thanks seadoo:thumbsup:

Im gonna keep the boat so i don't care on the price

They threw in new fly wheel nuts and oil pump shafts as well:thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
EBAY came in clutch today

Brand new shipped to my door and came with all mounting hardware can't beat it. Im changing the interior to white and charcoal but I needed something to tie in the red stripe as painting never holds up. So this will tie in all the red accents nicely I think

Excuse the messy ass photo its my garage attic which is filled to the brim with seadoo stuff :facepalm:

Some more parts rolled in today :thumbsup:

Should have the cylinders back from Full Bore by Monday and the interior is currently getting made

You need one of these...
84.jpg

I've been looking for one for the speedster but with a 16' hull most just don't look right. I've been photoshopping and found one that's not bad, but don't love it.

Man I'm up to 8k already including the cost of the boat

Im done! lol no tower for me

Yeah I hear ya. I'm trying to keep mine under 4500 total. My issue is I have no room to store a wakeboard/kneeboard with 4 ppl and a cooler on board.

Your build is progressing nicely though. Work travel keeps messing mine up.

Yeah man i hear ya.

Thanks I'm trying to do everything 100% so I never have to worry about a thing. Knowing me though ill only keep it a year and move on. This is my 4th seadoo boat in 3 years lol.

Killer deal for the next guy though

The props are remans by SBT

Cleaned the inside of both cases, polished the bearing mains, installed new OEM rotary shafts, new OEM crank seals (PTO and Flywheel) , new OEM rebuild cranks, new OEM counterbalances, and new OEM 159 deg wheels. I have everything together minus the cylinders and head. I should have my top end by this weekend so I'll finish assembly, steam clean and then paint next weekend.

Awesome job.
Just a question, the counter balance and main gears appear slightly misaligned. Is this considered normal positioning, or am I seeing something because of photo angling?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back