98 XPL cooling system pluming?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

xp951

Looking for some help/clarification on my cooling system pluming, as mine is different than the manual specifies. I have attached a couple pics. First is the "t" fitting coming off the motor water return hose that goes to the water regulator. The second is the manual with my routing in red. I am not the first owner, but it looks factory to me. My problem is that water is blowing out the cap on the regulator and putting a ton of water in the bilge.
127.jpg
128.jpg

If water is coming out of the water reg cap you have a clamp that slipped off the bellow or a hole in the bellow from the lower clamp. Remove cap and see whats under there. You will probably have to remove the hoses and unscrew it from the waterbox to work on the valve.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like the bellows has a small hole poked it it from a rusted out clip. Thanks for the reply's guys.

Just replace it and use a small zip tie and cut the tie flush with a sharp knife.

I found another couple leaks. These elbows that go to the bilge tubes are spraying a constant stream when cruising out of the hole in the elbow. Any idea why this is happening? I can't find anything in the manual.
139.jpg

Those are your bailers. They act as a bilge pump and shouldn't have holes in them. Also they shouldn't be spraying water since they work on vacuum. I would also check for the white plastic tubes in the pump ventury. If they are missing water will be pumped into the hull instead of out.
140.jpg

You could try some plastic weld epoxy or a soldering iron to close the holes in the elbows. They shouldn't have holes in them.

Many of those 1/2" elbows do have a small air hole engineered in. I learned that when I tried to use some in my cooling lines once.

Good to know. Wonder what the logic behind that is?

Doesn't seem like it would help to me. It would be like sucking through a straw with a hole in it. I would think you want the bailers sucking water out of the hull and not air?

The two plastic tubes I posted a picture of in the pump are either plugged or missing.

vacuum break -- spot on Sqrl under the right conditions with out the break water can siphon IN TO hull

I think you two are correct. I just checked the elbows on my HX and they have the holes too.

Well, the 2 plastic tubes are missing. How are the fastened in there epoxy? I tried to pull them out of my X4 but didn't want to mess them up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back