98 xp vts

Status
Not open for further replies.

dooxp

My 1998 XP's trim wasn't working at the beginning of this season. So I went through and cleaned all the connections and replaced the fuse and it was working just fine out of the water. Yesterday I put it in the river and the vts wasn't working again. So I opened the fuse panel and the fuse was blown again. So I replaced it and it instantly blew and then I put a 10a in and that blew as well. What is causing this its driving me nuts because the ski keeps nose diving all the time.

And the VTS box is bone dry inside.

The VTS is a common failure. It is almost always one of twin issues. The motor or the control box. The motor is testable as all you need to do is unplug it and run power to it. The box isn't so easy unless you have another ski you can swap it into.

Check the nozzle to make sure it isn't hitting somewhere.

Pull the motor and test it on a battery. If it spins then it's the box.

also if it is the motor can I use the power window motor for a nissan that was discussed in another forum

Well I had to bring it to the dealer because I couldn't figure it out at all. The guy said I need a new control box and hes going to put a used one that he has in and see what happens.

Word of warning, never replace a fuse that is blown with a higher amp fuse, especially with these Seadoo's. If the ski is blowing the factory rated fuse there is something wrong and throwing a bigger fuse in almost always creates more problems. The electronics on these machines are very sensitive. Just some friendly advice! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back