98' Sportster 1800 needs more POWER! any suggestions?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hobbs88

I have a 98' sportster 1800 and want faster acceleration and higher top speed, need suggestions on what I can do.

it is kinda tough with these boats. a seadoo pump doesn't like to accelerate heavy stuff. it is close to it's limit with a boat-even with 2 motors. you add pitch for speed you are gonna be cav'ing a lot to fight it up on plane.

I think you need to go basics...start with the compression check. I have a lot of members wanting more speed and power, but in the first hand all it might need is some TLC to get it running properly to begin with... So check compression, wear ring, impeller, carburetor tuning and overall adjustments. If it is in peak performance in stock form then move on to trying to get more power and speed. In most cases it's performance is pretty good in stock form. I needed more speed too, so I got out of my 1997 challenger with a single 110 engine...does 50 mph and bought my 200 speedster with 2, 4-tec engines pushing 310 hp. It jumps out of the water and it has more bounce for my buck than modifying my challenger...up grade cost...$30,000.00
You can try all kinds of things to make your sportster faster( not cheap either), but you'll only gain headaches and maybe 5 mph more, if its in top stock condition to start with.

Karl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back