98 Sportster 1800 Drive Shaft Removal

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, it has to be spring, because I'm here asking for help again lol. So we've managed to get the stainless ring back far enough to remove the c Clip. I won't tell you that the amount of literal blood, sweat, and expletives that went into this.

On the port side, we were able to get it to go back after about an hour of beating on the "brim of the top hat" for lack of a better word. The Starboard side was such a bitch, that it was completely mutilated by us banging on it and I eventually made slight cuts into the stainless ring that allowed it to sort of open up. Then beat on it until my blood pressure rose to an unsafe level.

So now that the C Clips are off, and impellers etc, etc are off, I should be able to pull the shaft right out....right? Yeah....not so much. Anyone have any ideas. I'm almost certain that the problem is the stainless rings are pinched down on the shaft, and not allowing it to come thru the back of the boat. But I don't want to start cutting on them, because 1. It sucks. 2. I'm worried about scarring the now discontinued drive shaft. 3. It sucks.

So, I'm open to suggestions fellas. Got anything?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back