98 Speedster - Garmin Echo Depth/Fish Finder Install

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

PburgDooey

Been wanting to add a depth/water temp gauge to the boat for awhile now. I finally got around to it as my project for this year :)

Thought I would show some pictures.

G1.jpgG2.jpgG3.jpgG4.jpgG5.jpg

Basically, the only place I could mount the transducer was on the port side, under the swim platform. Since the trailer has bunks, and the starboard side has the scupper valve located there, this seemed like the logical place for it.

I then ran the wire up thru the bottom of the platform, instead of the transom. I figure it will be even dryer this way. I still sealed it of course, but I'm not crazy about going thru the transom when there is hollow swim platform right above it.

I then had to spend several hours fishing the wires around thru to the driver side. The fish tape kept wanting to go into the bildge, took me several attempts and many new yoga stretches on my part to get this wires run.

In order to mount it, I chose the position to the left of the steering wheel. But, it would not fit there with factory mounts. So i picked up the RAM ball joint mount, and I love it. It gives me exactly the angle I wanted.

I then ran the power wires thru some plastic conduit and a rubber grommet into the driver side helm compartment. I got my power from the 12 volt adapter.

Have not water tested it yet, but I'm hoping to this weekend! I dont expect any problems.

Loks good, i would just be afraid of the transducer getting broke off. Looks like it hangs down kinda low.

Actually it's almost flush with the bottom. It just sticks out rearward. Hard to tell from the angle. It's also retractable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back