98 Speedster both engines will turn off for no reason - why?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

rkkoeb

I have a 98 speedsters and at the end of last year I notice for no reason both engines would shut off when running the boat. I have changed out the Safety switch along with having a new seadoo lanyard program to the boat but this has not corrected the issue. What else could be the issues? For sure it seams to be a electrical issue but why and what?

I have a 98 speedsters and at the end of last year I notice for no reason both engines would shut off when running the boat. I have changed out the Safety switch along with having a new seadoo lanyard program to the boat but this has not corrected the issue. What else could be the issues? For sure it seams to be a electrical issue but why and what?

I had this happen also, and eventually the fuse popped. Luckily a fellow boater was near and towed us back. Didn’t check fuses til later that week. Changed out the bad fuse and started right up. No issue of it cutting off since.

Im no expert, just sharing my experience and haven’t had issues since related to random shutoffs since.

I'm not sure what's going on with yours but for sure these engines will stop running if the battery becomes disconnected. Doing that might eventually damage the MPEM as well, due to voltage spikes.

It is more than likely a ground but it can be the DESS POST losing their ground I would try those by replacing it first and checking all connections for corrosion or condensation or anything else out of the ordinary. If doesn't fix Mpem is shorting out . Iv been a sea doo skidoo can am teck for 20+years

Dess post was replaced and still had the same problem. I am hoping it may be a ground issue

Try turning on the MPEM power ie: wake up MPEM (lanyard removed, press start button) then wiggle various parts of the harness and see if you can locate an intermittent. Grounds are pretty common, or anywhere corrosion can set in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back