'98 GSX Limited

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

chimeranzl

Hi,
I've got a '98 GSX Limited which had leaking issues in the hull (through the pump shoe) so stripped it off re-siliconed it all and put back together. Problem is, it still leaks - actually worse :ack: Anyways I'm trying to find the source of the leak, but first up I've noticed the 2 small holes at the back of the ski (which hook up to the top of the exhaust system) don't have water coming out of them now unless I put my finger over the hole at the back which I believe is the engine drain hose (bottom right of the pump shoe) Does the cooling system need bleeding?

Also, as per the service manual the cooling system schematic I assume shows the arrows for water flow running in the reverse direction when the engine is running? (bottom to top) But when flushing the engine it appears water traverses in the opposite direction? (top to bottom) Does that sound right?

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the site!

Im gonna need pix on the hoses to tell you anything. You are right though, you reverse flow when flushing and that tube is where you hook up the hose.

Usually leaks come from the sponsons being loose, the exhaust outlet being loose, the water regulator having a hole in it, or the bearing carrier in your case on that machine.

Welcome to the site!

Im gonna need pix on the hoses to tell you anything. You are right though, you reverse flow when flushing and that tube is where you hook up the hose.

Usually leaks come from the sponsons being loose, the exhaust outlet being loose, the water regulator having a hole in it, or the bearing carrier in your case on that machine.

thanks for the response. ok, I've found a '99 service manual so I'm hooking it up like this I'm assuming (which oddly, is the reverse of the image shown in the '98 service manual) - excuse the roughly drawn hoses in the pic, but these are the ones I'm confused on...

http://www.chimera.co.nz/images/seadoo98.jpg

its connecting the 2 hoses on the inside of the hull that I was trying to work out which way around they go, so garden hose "flushing" works opposite of normal cooling operation - where garden hose fitting runs to under the exhaust and the exit hose comes from the top of head, so water pushes "up" through the system when flushing it (rather than top down if I'd connected the hoses inside the hull around the wrong way) - is this correct? (ignore the red circle, that doesn't exist on my ski)

Last edited by a moderator:
yup the line coming from the pump connects to the head. The 97.5-98 GSXL had so many changes I cant even keep it straight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back