98 GSX limited Sea-Doo problems starting

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

JDrizzy79

1998 GSX limited Sea-Doo tried everything but then it will start sometimes at random then clicks in the rave valve air solenoid new battery new starter solenoid good start/stop button please help

Pull your fuses and make sure there isn’t any corrosion. Unplug wires and make sure there is no corrosion in the boots. Clean cdi and all grounds hooked to cdi, check continuity on ground from battery or resistance

I took all fuses out put back in they look good unhook everything from mpem and hook back up all look good everything on cdi clean all grounds could the mpem be bad

I took all fuses out put back in they look good unhook everything from mpem and hook back up all look good everything on cdi clean all grounds could the mpem be bad
Not very likely if it "runs great when it starts". If the ski is starting...the mpem is getting everything it needs...sounds like your problem lies elsewhere.

Attachments

• Sum Up WHY Jet Ski Wont START.pdf
    91.1 KB · Views: 10
it starts sometimes and doesn’t others it’s so random. It doesn’t start more then it does what else could it be?

So is it not always cranking or not always starting?

Two different symptoms and solutions.

Sounds like possibly a bad solenoid.

When you connect the lanyard do you get 2 beeps?
If you push the start button with no lanyard do the gauges power up?

You need to replace the beeper then. Without the beeper you are not going to know if it is recognizing the lanyard and the MPEM is ready to start. Without that infor it could be quite a few things and the beeper is also your overheating alarm so it is nice to have it working.

What would it recognize the key sometimes and not others would that be the key fob but I will replace the beep I will have to order

If I take key on and off it will start but the goes right back to not starting could it be the post it looks like it’s been used a lot by the way thanks for the help

If you lived in AZ I would come help you lol. Post may be bad but no one can tell you that for certain. You can test the post if you google it there is a bunch of write ups.

I going to order a few things key post new key the beeper and start/stop switch thanks for all the help will keep updating but take a week or more to get parts . Been messing with it and can get it to start most the time now but it always says 12v low when I know it’s not

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back