98 GS engine options

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobbyg5502

Hello all, it’s been awhile since I’ve been on here. I have a 98 gs with the 720cc single carb. Runs great still. I was looking at doing some options in upgrading. I have a spare carb from a 951cc I used to have. I may also have a way to get a 787 dual carb setup as well.
I was wondering if there has been anyone swap a 951 carb onto a 720. I know a special mount would have to be made due to it being way oversized. I’ve read about people doing the 787 carb swap. Sounds good.
I’m asking because I think I’m going to bore it out this winter and do a rebuild. I wouldn’t mind upgrading the intake while I’m at it.
Another option I thought about is an engine swap. I’ve heard about the other two engines and their mounts causing a problem. What about a 4tec in this hull? Has anyone tried this. I haven’t seen it on the internet yet. Thanks for the help in advance.

The ski is very sentimental to me as it’s the last part of my great grandfather I have. He bought it brand new in 98 when I was 15. Getting rid of it isn’t an option.
If I bore out the cylinders for a top end rebuild would I have to rejet the carb? Also wouldn’t boring it out alone net some gains?

No gains from boring. I would suggest a pipe then. Private message Matt Braley on the forum as he is the go to aftermarket parts guy here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back